With the recent release of Sony PlayStation V (PS5), gaming fans have gone crazy, Gaming lovers have gone crazy with the recent introduction of Sony PlayStation V (PS5), however we don’t think Sony will be able to generate as many sales right now because to the worldwide recession caused by the Covid-19 epidemic. But what if you turn on your PS4 and sit down to play Far Cry only to find that your TV isn’t working? This is the type of unfortunate circumstance that causes gamers to turn to their laptop screens. This article explains how to use a laptop as a PS4 display. Continue reading to commence.
How to Use a Laptop as a PS4 Monitor
Can you connect your PS4 to your laptop? Yes, using an HDMI cable, video capture card, or Remote Play, you may use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. Before you can finally play PS4 games on a laptop screen, there are a few steps you must take.
In terms of PS4 to Laptop communication, we discovered the following to be the simplest:
- Using a Remote Play or a Streaming Service
- Using HDMI cable
- Using Capture Card
Each of these methods involves a few simple and uncomplicated actions. So let’s get right to it.
Method 1: Connect the PS4 to the laptop using Remote Play
For those who are unfamiliar, Remote Play is a streaming service provided by Sony. The goal is for PC and Mac users to be able to enjoy PS4 gameplay on their preferred computer monitor devices. However, you will need a PS4 console to connect it to your desktop.
In fact, the items listed below are required to set up Remote Play.
- A PC
- A PlayStation 4 console
- USB Cables
- A PlayStation 4 Account
Method 2: How To Connect Ps4 On Laptop Using HDMI Cable
- Turn on your system and navigate to Settings > PlayStation Network > Account Management. Select ‘Activate as Primary PS4’.
- Using ‘System Software Update,’ update your console’s software to 3.50.
- Turn it on by going to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings. You must keep your console powered on in order to use Remote Play on your Mac or PC (preferably in sleep mode).
- Go to Settings > Power Save Settings > Rest Mode Features > Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.
- Launch the Remote Play application that you downloaded to your PC. Go to Settings and change the frame rate and resolution to match the requirements of your screen for the best gaming experience. The more powerful your desktop, the higher your graphic settings can be kept.
- Can use the USB port on your computer to connect your PS4 controller. By simultaneously holding down the PlayStation and Share buttons on your controller, you can also connect it wirelessly. As soon as the controller’s LED starts to flash, use the USB cable to connect it to your computer. It will take approximately 4 to 5 seconds for your controller to pair. If it takes longer, repeat step 7.
- Simply launch the Remote Play app on your PC or MAC and log in with the credentials from your console. If the console is not turned on, you will not be able to connect your PS4 to the PC.
Method 3: Capture Card Connects PS4 to Laptop
If you are unable to connect your Play Station 4 console to a computer monitor via Remote Play, there is still hope: you can play PS4 on a laptop screen via HDMI using a Capture Card. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A laptop computer
- A Capture Card for Video
- HDMI with dual functions
- A PlayStation 4 console
- An internet connection that is wireless (Alternatively, connect the computer and console via Ethernet cables to the same router.)
- File Sharing is now enabled (can be done through Network Settings on your PS4 console)
Now let’s get to work and get this thing up and running for you.
- Using a USB port, connect the Video Capture Card (VCC) to your computer and install it. A high-quality VCC is advised.
- Using an S-Video cable, connect the Video Capture Card to the PS4 system. Connect the HDMI output to the console and the HDMI input to the VCC.
- Switch on the console and launch the Video Capture Card programme on your PC. Your console will be visible on the screen.
We can therefore help you if you’re wondering how to use a laptop as a PS4 monitor. We’ve examined two straightforward approaches. Each step in either method only takes a few minutes, so you won’t have to wait long until you can run, play, and enjoy your PS4 games on a desktop screen.
You can connect your PS4 to a PC or a laptop using either a Remote Play or a Video Capture Card. Both options are convenient, but we recommend using the Remote Play because it is Sony’s approved alternate gaming-streaming service.