BlueStacks is the most popular and used Android emulator for both PC and Mac users. It effectively transforms your computer into a virtual Android phone, granting access to games and programs that are only available on Android devices. However, this type of emulation consumes a lot of data, and the cache will continue to take up space on your computer long after you’ve finished.
As a result, both primary versions of BlueStacks. BlueStacks 5 on PC and BlueStacks 4 on Mac — enable users to swiftly and easily wipe up unnecessary data. The method you use will differ significantly, but both will help you free up storage space that BlueStacks does not require.
Clearing the Cache in BlueStacks 5 for Windows
There are two methods to clear your cache in BlueStacks 5.
To begin, launch the Settings app on your fictitious Android phone.
- Start BlueStacks and navigate to the app’s homepage.
- Double-click Settings in the System Applications folder to open it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Storage.
You now have a choice between two possibilities. You can either clean the cache for all programs at once or clear the cache for specific apps.
- When you’re finished, scroll down and click Cached data, then confirm that you want to delete the cache.
- Clearing the cache of a specific app is as simple as choosing It at the top of the screen, then selecting the app whose cache you want to clean. Select Clear Cache from the program’s information page.
Secondly, you can customise your experience by visiting the BlueStacks app’s Settings tab.
- Click the little gear button in the toolbar to the right of the BlueStacks homepage.
- Select User data from the left-hand sidebar.
- Select Free up space under the Disk cleanup heading, and then select Continue to proceed.
It will shut down and take a few minutes to clean up its own data and free up any remaining space on your machine.
BlueStacks 4 for Mac: How to Clear the Cache
On a Mac, the only page that can be accessed is the application’s Preferences page.
- Open the app and select BlueStacks from the top-left corner of your screen to get started.
- Next, click on Personal information at the top of the new pop-up window that appears to enter your personal information.
- Select the option to free up some space on your computer, then click Continue to confirm your selection.
Frequently Asked Question
What is BlueStacks storage capacity?
I assume that bluestacks currently has a storage capacity limit of 64 GB for the virtual sd image/internal storage on the PC. Android handsets now regularly accept SD cards with capacities of up to 512 GB. I have a 320 GB collection of videos, photographs, and pdf documents that I would like to preserve on my Bluestacks instance.
Where does BlueStacks app data reside?
Your data files can be found in the following locations: C:ProgramDataBlueStacksUserData The data files, on the other hand, are in ‘VDI’ format and are saved in SharedFolder on Windows or Library/BlueStacks/Android on Mac (VirtualBox Drive Image).