This post will show you how to reset a PS5 controller. These instructions are for the official Sony DualSense controller for the PlayStation 5.
How to Factory Reset a PlayStation 5 Controller
To reset a PlayStation 5 controller to factory settings, follow these steps:
- Unplug your PS5 controller and power off the system.
- On the back of the PS5 controller, look for a little hole. Insert a straightened paper clip or another pointed object into the hole and hold down the button for five seconds.
- Resynchronize the controller and the console. Connect the PS5 controller to the console via the provided USB-C connection and click the PS button.
Why Should You Reset Your PlayStation5 DualSense Controller?
To fix the following issues, try resetting your PlayStation5:
- The PS5 controller will not connect to the PS5 console.
- Bluetooth connectivity is unavailable, blocking wireless play.
- You wish to connect the PS5 controller to another device.
How To Turn ON/OFF PlayStation5 Controller?
Turning on and off the controller, commonly known as soft reset, will occasionally resolve connection issues. You can power off the controller when you turn off the console. You can use one controller to disable the other if you have two controllers.
- Unplug the controller from the console that you want to turn off.
- Press the PS button on the other controller to navigate to the Home screen, and then tap on the PS button again to open the Control Centre menu at the bottom of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose Accessories (the controller symbol).
- Choose the controller you want to disable.
- Choose Turn Off. The controller’s LED light should turn off.
Still Having Issues With Your PlayStation 5 Controller?
If resetting the controller does not cure your problem, consider the following solutions:
- Attempt to connect the controller with a different USB-C cable.
- Check for any things that could interfere with the Bluetooth controller between the controller and the console.
- System firmware should be updated. The alternatives are Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software.
Frequently Asked Question
How do I perform a hard reset on my Ps5 controller?
Locate the little reset button on the controller’s rear. Push the button inside the hole with a tiny tool. Hold down the button for 3-5 seconds. Connect the controller via USB connection to the PS5 console and hit the PS button.
How long does a PlayStation 5 controller last?
The Dual Sense controllers on your PlayStation 5 should provide you with 10-12 hours of gameplay on a single charge. You can experiment with their settings to obtain greater battery life, but this is as good as it gets on the PS5.