One bad feature of Instagram is that when you receive a new message notice at the top of your screen, and you touch the message, it is marked as read!!
Can You Turn Off Instagram Read Receipts
It’s time for us that we choose to be private on social media. We don’t want to expose who we follow or from whom we receive DMs. In such situations, we almost certainly want to disable read receipts so that no one can monitor our social activity.
Yes, there are numerous methods for turning off read receipts on Instagram and other social networking apps like WhatsApp and Facebook. So, let’s have a look at a few simple ways that will allow you to read Instagram messages without them knowing.
How To Turn Off Instagram read Receipts
Learn how to turn off Instagram read receipts for times when you want to read someone’s messages without letting them know.
Method 1: Turn Off Instagram notifications Of Messages
If you want to read texts but don’t want to be marked as read, follow these steps to turn off Instagram message notifications:
- Open the Instagram app and ensure that your Instagram profile is properly logged in.
- Select your profile icon. This will take you to the homepage of your profile.
- Click on the three dots or three vertical lines in the upper right corner.
- Now select “settings.”
- Click the “notifications” option from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the “messages/direct message” option from the notifications tab.
- Under the message requests, there are Off and On options. Set the message requests to “Off.” And it’s finished!!
Method 2: Read Messages On Instagram By Turning Off Airplane Mode
Another great way to read someone’s text on Instagram without letting them know in Airplane Mode.
When you are finally satisfied with being notified that you have seen the message to the sender, you can disable Airplane Mode. Follow the given steps to do that:
- Launch the Instagram app. Check that your account is properly logged in to the app.
- Click the messenger symbol in the upper right corner. This will take you to your message inbox.
- Now, before you open any message, remember to enable Airplane Mode; otherwise, you’ll be caught seeing a message. Open your settings and enable Airplane mode.
- Now, open the chat from which you want to read the text.
- Exit the inbox after viewing the message. Now, select your profile icon.
- Click on three vertical lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Now, select Settings.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click Log Out.
- You may now disable Airplane mode.
- You’ll have to log in to your account details again when you launch the Instagram app. So make a note of your ID and password!!
Method 3: Connect Your Instagram Inbox To Your Mobile Email Address
Connecting your Instagram DM inbox to your email account is one of the simplest ways to disable read receipts on Instagram. This allows you to read Instagram messages without anyone knowing.
When someone sends you a direct message, you’ll get an email notification as well. So you may view the message directly from your email inbox without having to launch the Instagram app.
You can simply see the direct message by using this way without the sender knowing. So, without further ado, connect your email to your Instagram inbox.
Is It Possible Turn Off Read Receipts For One Person On Instagram
Although there is no method to disable read receipts for a specific Instagram account, you can utilise the above-mentioned tricks to access the DM without them knowing.
You can accomplish this by activating Airplane Mode before opening that person’s DM. When you view the message, the sender will not be aware that you saw it.
However, keep in mind that after you exit Airplane mode, the user will be notified that you have received the notification.
You can also connect your email to your Instagram DMs. You can view messages from a certain person without having to open the DM.
Frequently Asked Question
How Do You Disable Seen On Instagram?
To disable being viewed on Instagram, go to your profile> settings> turn off the show activity status. However, turning it off means restriction in both directions. This implies that the sender cannot see that you have seen the message, and you cannot see when your message is seen.
What Is Instagram’s Vanish Mode?
If you’ve used Snapchat, you’re definitely familiar with the term “vanish mode.” It means that your conversations are encrypted from beginning to conclusion. When you leave the chatbox, your conversations on Instagram, like on Snapchat, vanish.