Here’s what you need to do if you want to use your DualShock controller on your Chromebook.
While the PS4 Dualshock controller has been available for several years, it remains one of the most popular gamepads available due to its intuitive design and familiarity to millions of gamers worldwide.
So it’s only natural that if you’re playing games on your Chromebook, you’d want to take advantage of one of the best joypads on the market. With that in mind, is it possible to connect a PS4 controller to a Chromebook? And, if that’s the case, how do you go about doing it, and are there any constraints?
Everything that you need to know is right here in one easy-to-read package.
Because it has been around for so long, the PS4 controller has had plenty of time to be made compatible with other platforms. This, thankfully, means that the PS4 DualShock controller is Stadia-compatible. If you are using Chrome version 77 or later, you can connect via USB or Bluetooth. Nvidia has also confirmed that the DualShock controller is compatible with GeForceNow. Finally, Steam has confirmed the availability of PS5 controller support.
So, with all of that in mind, you’ve decided on your preferred gaming platform. You’ve got your DualShock 4 controller. All that remains is to pair them. So, what’s the best course of action?
How’s it possible to Connect a PS4 Controller to a Chromebook
The good news is that connecting your PS4 controller to your Chromebook is extremely simple. The best and fastest method is to plug the DualShock’s USB cable directly into the Chromebook. However, if you want to use it via Bluetooth, follow these steps:
- Check to see if your Chromebook has built-in Bluetooth or if you’ll need to buy a Bluetooth dongle to connect.
- Next, navigate to your Chromebook’s Settings app and select the Bluetooth option.
- The Chromebook will then start searching for available devices.
- To begin pairing, hold the PS button and the Share button on your PS4 controller. To indicate pairing, the light on your controller should begin to flash.
- When the devices pair, the controller will be visible in the Bluetooth menu. To confirm the connection, select it.