There’s a problem with your Amazon Fire TV stick if it keeps restarting on its own. This post will lead you through troubleshooting methods that should help you resolve the issue and get back to streaming.
Why is my Fire Stick restarting itself?
Your Amazon Fire Stick may be turning off and on for a variety of reasons. The most common reason is that the device is experiencing a power issue If it is not receiving steady power, the gadget may power cycle (restart) without your input.
Other reasons of your Fire Stick restarting without your assistance could be hardware or software issues. Whatever the issue, the troubleshooting steps listed below should be helpful.
What Should I Do If My Fire Stick Restarts Constantly?
If your Fire Stick keeps restarting in response to your input, try one of the troubleshooting steps at a time until you find a solution that stops the restarting and keeps your Fire Stick powered on.
- With your Amazon Fire Stick, make sure you’re using the correct power block. A most common reason for a Fire Stick getting stuck in a restart loop is that you aren’t using the correct power block. Amazon recommends a 5.25v, 5W power supply. If you must use something else, it is always best to use original manufacturer’s equipment
- Disconnect your Amazon Fire Stick and then reconnect it. Once you’ve completely disconnected it from your TV and the power source, wait 20-30 seconds before reconnecting it and verifying it to see if the problem has been resolved. Unplugging a connected device can sometimes help to release or remove any glitches or software errors that may occur.
- Remove any hardware extensions you may have installed. If you’ve linked your Fire Stick to a USB extension or any other extension in order to place it away from your TV, the extender could be the source of the problem. Connect your Fire Stick directly to your TV to see if that resolves the issue.
- Disconnect any devices plugged into your TV’s other HDMI ports. Another HDMI device could be causing interference for your Fire Stick, causing it to restart incessantly. Disconnect everything you’re not now using to see if that solves the problem.
- Cables should be checked and replaced. Make sure your power cable and any other cables you’re using aren’t frayed or worn. Replace them if they are. You can even replace any cables that appear to be in good condition to check if that is the source of the problem.
- Using the remote, restart your Fire Stick. Restarting with the remote is sometimes known as a soft reset,’ because it may clean off any cached data or glitches that are creating the restart cycle. To restart with your remote, press and hold the Play and Select buttons at the same time until your screen displays a restart message.
- Ascertain that the TV to which your Fire Stick is attached supports HDCP. HDCP-compliant monitors are required for Amazon Fire Sticks. While the vast majority of TVs support this feature, not all do, and if you use a TV that doesn’t support HDCP, your Fire Stick may reboot while it constantly searches for a compatible connection.
- You should update your Fire Stick. Your Fire Stick may become stuck in a reboot loop if its firmware or software is out of the current. Always maintain your Fire Stick updated to avoid these difficulties and any security risks that may develop.
- Your Amazon Fire Stick has been factory reset. If your Fire Stick becomes corrupted for any reason, it will no longer function properly. If possible, try a factory reset to restore it to factory specifications.
Important: You’ll lose all the apps you’ve downloaded if you reset your Fire Stick, so make sure you have enough time to add them as well as the usernames and passwords you’ll need to get connected.
Why is my Fire Stick blinking on and off?
If your Fire Stick is flashing on and off, it’s most likely not the same as if it’s stuck in a restart loop. For example, flickering lights on the Fire Stick could indicate a problem with the video signal, the HDMI connection, or the resolution or refresh rate.
To resolve this, consider replacing your HDMI cable, connecting your Fire Stick to the internet, or navigating to Settings > Display and Sounds > Display > Video Resolution on your Fire Stick to alter the resolution settings so they are suitable for your television.
Blinking lights may also indicate that your Fire Stick is in setup mode, and the lights will stop flashing once you complete the setup procedure.
How Can I Prevent My Fire Stick From Turning Off?
Many causes, like a Fire Stick that is constantly restarting, can cause your Fire Stick to switch off repeatedly and on its own. The best course of action is to determine why your Fire Stick keeps shutting down.
Frequently Asked Question
Why does Hulu on my Firestick keep restarting?
Although the Fire Stick fully supports Hulu, it may crash while streaming due to a number of difficulties. To resolve Hulu restarting on a Fire Stick, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu > Restart. If it does not work, restart the Fire Stick and delete the cache.
Why does my Fire Stick constantly restart when I’m listening to music on Spotify?
If Spotify isn’t working on your Fire Stick, make sure the service isn’t down. Then, double-check your Wi-Fi connection and make certain you are not in flight mode. Finally, make sure both the Spotify app and the Fire Stick are updated.